1. Floral Shirt Dress, $35 via Stranger Bird Vintage
I love red and white together, and this dress has an elastic waist, so you can sit it above the belly.
2. Cropped Denim Vest, $18 via shopbadlands
I picture wearing this vest over sundresses all summer (may also help to disguise burgeoning cleavage).
3. Huarache Sandals, $28 via generationthrift
Comfortable and cute sandals are a must!
4. Minnetonka Moccasins, $34 via redpoppyvintageshop
A pair of moccasins to take you and your bump everywhere. Again: cute + comfortable..
5. Embroidered Floral Tent Top, $18 via elsierobyn
This top is absolutely lovely...you could add a belt at the natural waist (above the bump) to add definition, but it would also be pretty left loose.
6. Elastic Waist Embellished Skirt, $18.92 via Cobys
An elastic waisted beauty! Hike it up over the belly, and it will stay put.
7. Skinny Leather Belt, $10 via ThirdChanceVintage
The perfect accessory to add a little waist definition for tent-like items...a must for every maternity wardrobe!
It looks like my maternity style is going to be a little more bohemian than usual. Late 60s and 70s styles are definitely much more forgiving. None of my 50s dresses have elastic waists (sad face), so they've all been packed away for next year. I thrifted a few similar items today on an impromptu "snowquester" adventure. Even though it seems like spring could be months away (and that this pregnancy is going to take FOREVER), warm weather (and a bigger bump) is just around the corner.
Do you have other tips for purchasing/styling maternity clothes, especially vintage pieces? We'd love to hear them!